‘Tis the season of giving, so I thought I’d give you, my dear friends, the gift of KNOWLEDGE– sorry I didn’t wrap it!
Most likely, you have a long list of people to GIVE to this season- kids, grandkids, spouse, mother, father, siblings, cousins, teachers, coaches, friends, mentors…
Are YOU on the list?
It’s tempting to make it all about everyone else, especially at the holidays…and put yourself on the back burner (once again).
Have you ever said, “I don’t have time to take care of me.” Or, “It’s selfish to spend time, money, and energy on myself.”
Me too. May I lovingly correct you?
I believe it’s actually selfish NOT to give to yourself first, especially when it comes to your wellness. Did you ever stop to think that when you get too busy to take care of yourself and make healthy choices, you are not at your best…and that means no one else gets very much of you either?
Wouldn’t you rather GIVE everyone the BEST YOU -you can be?
It starts with the choices you make every day about what goes in your mouth…now before you go saying you don’t have time to do healthy during the holidays and you’ll start back on a plan in the New Year, let me offer you this gift…
4 tips to stay on track with your healthy eating during the holidays
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day– you may think you’re hungry, which is often thirst, and redirecting a craving by drinking a glass of water first may help you walk away because you realize you’re not as hungry as you thought….then truly walk away for another distraction from the temptation before you.
- Eat every 4-5 hours and include the #FAB4– protein, healthy fat, fiber, and greens/veggies will keep you going strong between meals and you won’t be crashing your blood sugar and reaching for the sugar and carbs as a quick fix…elongating your blood sugar curve will actually help you body burn more fat instead of storing it for later.
- Drink a “Roadie” vegan protein shake on the way to an event– filling up beforehand will cut down on filling up from the smorgasbord of food awaiting you when you arrive. This one small choice will help you eat slowly and mindfully and focus on people, which is the real reason we gather in this season.
- Offer to bring a vegetable-based dish to pass– we all know there will likely be turkey and plenty of carbs to go around, so bringing something green will not only add color to the table but vitamins and nutrients as well and give you a healthy option to fill your plate… and who knows, it may inspire others to ask for the recipe.
- Avoid Food FOMO (Fear of Missing Out) and eating too much of the foods you know you should eat in moderation during the holidays check out this recent article also on Living Healthy List.
So there you go- I trust that was helpful.
You CAN enjoy the holidays and still stay on track…and give everyone the BEST YOU.
So now that we’ve covered your health, did you know there are 6 other key areas of your life that if you prioritize will help you truly GIVE your best to others all year long?
I’d love to share…
grab one of my free LIFE PRIORITIES AUDITS and complete your 2 min worksheet to evaluate where you are in those 7 key areas…
and then schedule a time to envision where you want to be a year from now and explore what will help you get there faster than you expect!
Grab your PRIORITIES AUDIT here lissafiggins.com/audit
And GIVE the BEST GIFT of YOU this holiday.
Feel like life pulls you in too many directions…and you’re not fully present anywhere?
I’m Lissa, Time Management Coach & Recovering To-do List Girl who went from over-whelmed to on-purpose with a simple plan to Redeem my Time…for who + what matters most. And I’ve been teaching, coaching & leading Christian women for over 25 years.
As a wife, mom & leader, my life was too busy– I was showing up on the outside, but not fully present on the inside. I knew something had to change. I started asking God what He wanted me to focus on, and that’s when I started to be more present.
Now I’ve created space in my schedule for growing in my faith, enjoying date night with my hubby, supporting my young adult childern, pouring into other women, serving at my church- and taking care of me…finally!
It’s time for you to have the same. Because YOU are here for such a TIME as this.
Grab your free SIMPLIFY YOUR FOCUS in 5 MIN GUIDE
Listen + follow the REDEEM Her Time Podcast ⏰
Connect with Lissa