Summer is over, the kids are back in school and I must admit I’M TIRED!
Don’t get me wrong, it’s great spending time with the kids, enjoying cook outs with friends, family reunions, staying up late to sit around the fire, having drinks with the neighbors, hiking, bike riding, going to baseball games, the county fair and just enjoying all that summer has to offer. But, I can recall 2 times I actually had a date night with my husband and 1 time I actually went out with girlfriends all summer long!
Now that the kids are back to school and back to a routine, why not take some time to reconnect with your significant other or your “tribe” of girlfriends? September is a great time to getaway. The weather is still great and prices have dropped, making it very appealing.
Here are some of my favorites:
- The Pacific Northwest – August & September are usually the best weather months. Wonderful food, lots of outdoor activities and did you know there are islands that are a part of Washington State? That’s right! They are the San Juan Islands and they are beautiful and a great place to spot whales.
- Napa Valley – a fantastic getaway with girlfriends to wine country. Go wine tasting, get spa treatments and take advantage of the culinary scene.
- Concho Hills Guest Ranch – New Mexico. A real, working dude ranch. Horseback riding, telling stories and the most beautiful sunsets.
- The North Shore, Lake Superior – Water sports, hiking, spas, and an array of wonderful accommodations to choose from.
- Savannah, GA – such a romantic area. Weeping willows, plantations, friendly people, good Southern food, and a bit of intrigue with all of the history.
- Cape Cod, MA – Beaches, seafood, lighthouses and amazing bed & breakfast establishments.
Enjoy your adult time!
Hi, I’m Sandy Haddick, owner and Travel Dream-Maker of Dreams are Forever Travel. I’m a certified Travel Leaders Vacation Specialist with IATA credentials and several vacation destinations & vacation brands certificates.
With a degree in Business Administration & Marketing, over 20 years in Supply Chain and my passion for planning and travel, the move to open my own agency was a natural fit: instead of moving product, I move people.
Planning a vacation can be a daunting process. There are so many details–flights, hotel stays, car rentals, and activities. The internet is a great place to look, but not the place to book! Working with Dreams Are Forever Travel ensures everything is arranged, scheduled, and paid for before you leave the house, allowing you time to enjoy your vacation. Every detail is taken care of, so you don’t have to worry about a thing. There’s never a cost to use our services, all you have to do is pack your bags!
I love making travel dreams come true; let’s start planning YOUR next dream vacation!